maandag 23 mei 2011

an Impression of the Naarden Photofestival 2011 : Let's Face It Photography

Janus van den Eijnden


Foto Festival Naarden is a biannual photo festival organized in the medieval fortified town of Naarden. Next edition of this fantastic festival is the 21st of May untill the 19th of June 2011.


From a cultural and historic point of view the Dutch are worldwide famous as masters of the portret. We can draw a straight line from Rembrandt to modern day photographers. It will be no surprise that the board of the FFN 2011 has chosen the portrait as the main theme for its next festival.


What Makes A Great Portrait? by Conscientious ...



Hellen van Meene: “A good portrait is a photo that you feel in your guts. You know it when you make it and you see it in the end result. the look, the chemistry, everything is on the right place.
“There is no basic trick to explain or to follow when you know that your photo will be the right one. For me, it is something that I sense it when I see the right face in front of me with good light on her, and then my stomach knows it.
“I know this sounds very vague but I don’t know how to describe it otherwise…”
Hellen van Meene is a photographer. Her most recent book is “Tout va disparaître”.





Jan Banning


Marie Cecile Thijs


Stephan Vanfleteren



Joost van den Broek



Phillip Toledano 




Geen opmerkingen: