donderdag 27 december 2007

5B4: 5B4 Best PhotoBooks of 2007


1. Shimmer of Possibility by Paul Graham (Steidl)

OK…the end of 2007 is nigh and although there are still two healthy weeks left I have decided to put out my ‘Best Of” list now instead of spending my New Year’s Eve huddled over a keyboard since I’d rather be drink in hand trying to make that Terry Richardson clown puzzle sign Ole’ Lang Syne. (Maybe that’s an image best put out of your mind ASAP.)

So here are my favorites in an attempted order with five Honorable Mentions. Now mind you I haven’t seen ALL of the books that were published in 2007 so I’m sure I’m missing a few gems. Regardless, all of these titles made me think about photography in new ways even if some held firm to convention. Read more ... 5B4: 5B4 Best Books of 2007

3. The Park by Kohei Yoshiyuki (Hatje Cantz)

See also Martin Parr Year end .. time to look for the best photobooks of 2007

and...

& The Best Photo Books of 2007 : From Afghanistan to the plains of North Dakota, affluence to homelessness, this year's books define photography's big world.

Hans Eijkelboom now has a hip, hit show at Aperture in New York and a clever photo book published in conjunction with it. Sudden exposure didn't happen overnight. Since 1995 he has self published 21 photo diaries and note books in a bewildering array of formats, edition sizes, quality, and content. They are fabulous. Read more ...

Geen opmerkingen: